Author Topic: Workshop in Singapore by Ron Ianieri : Trade the Earnings Gap using Straddle  (Read 6381 times)

willing

This could be a worthwhile investment.
As per Tom Sosnoff from TOS,  Ron is an excellent trainer.

Even if most of the workshop could be marketing propoganda for this  upcoming 3 days seminar, I am tempted to sign up for the workshop.

If nothing else you  are likely to meet people who are active options traders in Singapore.
I am attaching a copy of the workshop singup form for people who would be interested.

Do let me know if  you are planning to attend the workshop and we can meet in person during the workshop. 

=====================================
“Trade the Earnings Gap using Straddle” Workshop
3-hours Live Professional Training with Ron Ianieri –
Chief Options Strategies
of Options University

???? “Trade the Earnings Gap using Straddle”
???? Understand and Know when to use a Straddle
???? How to Construct a Straddle

Seminar Date:
20th August 2008
7.00pm to 10.00pm (Wednesday)

Price S$ 99
Sign up before 10th August 2008, and get 1 Complimentary seat for the Live-Trading Event
===================================

davidtsc27

Is this the first time the workshop being done in Singapore? Has anyone been to one of his session? Share your thought.

david

pintodave

For $99 I am sure you can learn something. I have spent $99 on a lot worse! Plus there is a deal if you sign up early you get a complimentary seat - is that an extra seat or a free seat? Worse case bring a friend and it is $49.50 each...

Do you think it is an "up sell" to a more expensive product or just a genuine 3 hour class?
"To defy the laws of tradition, Is a crusade only of the brave..." - Primus

willing

I am assuming this is an up sell for a more comprehensive 4.5 days training that options University will be conducting  in near future. I am also not sure if Ron will be conducting this over internet like a Webinar or will he be present in person in Singapore.

The complementary session is no for another participant to join you but for a seperate (15th August 2008)  3 hour live trading session alongside with Ron. The funny thing about the live trading session is its timing.

The timing is 19:00 to 22:00 Singapore time. US markets open at 21:30 SGT
This means  live trading during first 30 minutes once the US markets open.
That would be interesting because the advise I get constantly is  not to trade during first 30 minutes.

willing

Is this the first time the workshop being done in Singapore? Has anyone been to one of his session? Share your thought.

david

Ron has conducted the regular options training ( I think it is either 3.5 days or 4.5 days) in Singapore before . For for the workshop, I think this is the first workshop he is conducting.

willing

I have registered for the workshop. Ron will personally conduct the workshop in Singapore.

Live trading session is on 15th August 19:00 to 21:00

followed by the workshop on 20th August again at 19:00 to 21:00

pintodave

Your turn to post a review and let us know what you think   ;D

I am sure you will have a good time!!
"To defy the laws of tradition, Is a crusade only of the brave..." - Primus

davidtsc27

Live trading when market is not open yet?? I shall wait for your comment and review....

david

willing

Live trading when market is not open yet?? I shall wait for your comment and review....

david

Thanks for point that out, the timeing I posted is incorrect

The timing for Live trading session is on 15th August 19:00 to 22:00

so first 30 minutes of trading

willing

Price for members of Singapore option Club is only SGD 49.00
I am paying SGD 99.00

willing

Here is the latest update on this.

Live trading session was converted in to a Q & A session on 15th August.
The reason being that Ron recommends TOS platform to his students and uses TOS for live trading. However TOS s/w is currently undergoing regulatory approvals from Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) and therefore cannot be used for commercial purpose.

There was a crowd of around 100 people and they were permitted to ask any questions on options. It was a very good session.

Regarding up selling his 2.5 days intensive program, all I will say is that Ron is a good teacher but bad businessman. He hardly mentioned his course  during 150 minutes.
While I respect him for this, I do not think that thats a good business model.

While he did not upsell his 2.5 days course, he did and I dare to say "DOWNSOLD" a 2 days superconference to be held in Singapore on 25th and 26th Oct 2008.

The speakers for the conference are

John Person – Master of “Candlesticks and Pivot Points”

David "First Wave" Elliott – Twice Voted #1 Market Timer!

Tom Sosnoff - Options Expert and Co-Founder of Think or SwimTM

Price Headley of bigTrends.com

Ron Ianieri - Chief Options Strategist at Options University

Each speaker will give two sessions of 90 minutes each over 2 days period.

Why did I say he downsold  it ? because the early bird price for the 2 day conference is only SGD 299. I signed up then and there.

willing

Workshop in Singapore by Ron Ianieri : Trade the Earnings Gap using Straddle
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2008, 06:49:29 AM »
This turned out to be a worth while investment. Ron shared is thought process on using straddle as earning play. Was there anything new or ground breaking that he covered in his presentation that I did not know before hand ?   NO

So why was it a worthwhile investment ?

Because I go and attend these seminars not for its main contents but for collecting the small golden nuggets that the speaker distributes during the course of the seminar.  There is no written material available for such wisdom. These nuggets mainly come in form of  sharing of their experience . Ron has probably been trading options for over 20 years and he did share some of his experience. So what is an example of a golden nugget ?

Here is one " profits from increase in IV should be cashed in sooner rather then later"
and he gave a good reason for this.

All in all attending this seminar for me was a multi bagger.

Cheers